[chuck-users] recycling program

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:45:20 EDT 2009

Are there tools or techniques for monitoring memory allocation in
ChucK?  I've been stress testing my code, and after about five hours
ChucK vm stops with a malloc / mmap failure.  It would be nice to
figure out what's clogging memory.  [In a previous life, I was an
embedded systems programmer, so I'm happy to create reusable object
pools and managing the objects myself, but I need to know what leaks
and what doesn't.]

On a related note, I notice that ChucK uses the standard library
malloc rather centralizing calls through a single chuck_malloc() (or
the existing checked_malloc()).  Going through a single call would
make it easier to monitor heap allocations.  Just my $0.25.

- Rob