[chuck-users] 3-Axis USB Accelerometer with I/O

Les Hall inventor-66 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 17 23:05:48 EDT 2009

Huh, funny that you folks were posting about controllers, it just so
happens that the Ultimarc controller is now ready for sale.  It's $49
and you can see it at the following link:

http://www.u-hid.com/index.php?
option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=24

I can't be impartial because I will receive a small part of the net
profit of these boards.  That's because I approached the company with
the idea and much to my surprise they decided to work with me on
developing the product.  They also sell other controllers.  This one,
the U-HID-G has a 3-axis accelerometer on a USB interface plus an
expansion port for pots, switches, slow analog in, etc.

What I like about this device is that it looks like a joystick to the
computer, so there's no need for drivers or special interface programs
or huge sections of ChucK code, etc.  It interfaces to ChucK easily.
The only downers I see are 1. it is wired, not wireless, and 2. it
requires a PC for configuration because the config utility is a Windows
application.

So basically it's another choice among many.  Kassen, did you get one
in the mail?  I thought Andy sent you one.

Cheers,

Les Hall
(Inventor)