[chuck-users] ChucK Soft Studio Mixer

Les Hall inventor-66 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 18 06:30:13 EDT 2009

Hi, I would like to run separate ChucK programs and combine their audio
streams with a ChucK mixer program.  To do this, I would send each
audio output to dac.chan(n), where n could be a large-ish number like 8
or 16 or something like that.  Then I would write a mixer program that
combined these separate audio streams into just dac.left and dac.right,
with adjustable gain/attenuation on each channel and an n-to-2 switch
matrix.

Sounds good, but when I try it I am only able to use the physical dac
channels that I have with are dac.chan(0) and dac.chan(1).  In other
words, I am disappointed to learn that there are no virtual dac
channels.  So now I'm not sure if what I really need is a physical
multi I/O USB interface or maybe a hardware mixer or whatever.  How can
I route multiple signals within ChucK between processes?  Seems like
this should be easy to do...  OSC?  I dunno, enlighten me please.

Thanks,

Les