[chuck-users] recycling program

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:28:31 EDT 2009

Rob;

> The short statement is "I can't optimize what I can't see".  It would be
> nice to have visibility into where the storage is getting eaten up.  Or a
> GC.

I agree. I think you might be able to tell something about memory allocation
by turning up the "verbose" setting to something very high but we do need GC
as well. I could also imagine that eventually the Audicle and/ or mini might
have such diagnostic tools added to them.

It's not clear to me why you are discarding those two shreds after you used
them though. Why not simply have two shreds that wait for eventA / eventB
respectively, signal eventC when their respective event comes in and
afterwards resume waiting? That would merge two events into one and would
only require your time-out function to be stopped or rest in case the event
arrives before the timer times out.