[chuck-users] segmentation fault / OSC

Bozelos Dimitris dbozelos at yahoo.gr
Mon Mar 23 18:01:26 EDT 2009

Hi again guys,

I've run into some more problems in my brief acquaintance with ChucK (although it's definitely fun!). For some reason I constantly get a "segmentation fault" fatal error sometimes just after some seconds I run my shreds. What does this mean? I do something that might be silly, I send/receive parameters between shreds using OscEvents, can this cause the problem? Is there another way of communicating (exchanging control signals in this case) between processes? Once or twice I had an "OSC packet ...: buffer (or stack) overflow" error. Is there a buffer or a limit on the messages you send / receive?

Can I somehow declare global variables? I checked the documentation and I didn't find anything. If the problem is because of excessive use of OSC I could maybe read/write global variables.

Cheers,

Dimitri

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;