[chuck-users] first video from live ChucK gig w/ modlys

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:51:14 EDT 2009

Kassen wrote:

> Both the language (the natural one, for once) and the melody sound
> very familiar to me yet I can't place either. Would it be possible for
> you to comment on this?

Not sure what you mean? Sometimes a composition is in fact nothing but a
paraphrase over something heard and remembered by the subconscious.

Most of the time I throw away everything if I discover that's what
happened, although sometimes I work the material into something different.

In this case I don't think that's what happened, though.

The language is danish (sung by someone who lived four years in Den Haag :-)

> Maybe it's my slight hangover today but the
> semi-recognition of it all is playing tricks on my brain. I also
> thought you reached a admirable integration between the acoustical and
> electronic sounds here. Is that simply a matter of good sound design
> and lots of practice or....?

Hmm.

IMHO it's not really a matter of electronic or acoustic, but more a
match (or contrast) between the spectral characteristics of the
different instruments.

Isn't it just a matter of listening, doing it alot, experimenting and
listening some more?

--
Atte

http://atte.dk    http://modlys.dk