[chuck-users] VT100 emulation

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun May 3 09:25:16 EDT 2009

Hans;

> Those security issues can be tricky.

It's better to be safe than sorry for sure.

> Echo on/off commands plus a way to
> resetting when exiting on a signal would suffice.

What exactly would you like to reset? You mentioned "keyboard lock"
but I didn't quite get that; I only have NumLock, CapsLock (disabled
and turned into a extra Ctrl) and ScrollLock (doesn't seem to do
anything useful, the led doesn't even turn on anymore).

> Fine, though somewhat expected, since xterm supports these escape codes.

It can't hurt to confirm.

> I wonder what might happen on that platform. If it works, it might be nice
> with a simple library.

I'm still interested in a Std call that would report our OS.
Std.system() (and maybe these print commands) are fine features but
not at all portable from the Unixy systems to Windows and we might
want to create compatible code or at least gracefully degrade
performance.

Anyway, if it doesn't work there might be equivalent commands but last
time I dived into MS's reference for their CLI wasn't a very pleasant
experience for me. It's all there but don't ask about the structure of
the presentation. I do know that the option to change collour at the
prompt command is gone these days and instead there is one to change
the whole screen now.