[chuck-users] WvIn on osx and linux

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Wed May 6 20:25:52 EDT 2009

Jo,

Arduino => Python => ChucK is my mainstay, actually.  ;-)  works like a charm.

PySerial is a great lib, as you likely already know
(http://pyserial.wiki.sourceforge.net/pySerial).  Also, I have had
more success with PyLiblo than with Simple OSC because it's much
faster, although you can easily flood ChucK with OSC with either
implementation.  If you decide to go the PyLiblo route, however, and
you're using a Mac, you should be aware that there is a slightly weird
issue compiling it due to the place that the library hides on Mac OS.
See this post: http://michaelclemow.com/?p=556  if you're getting
errors.  Simple OSC is much easier to install:
http://ixi-software.net/content/backyard.html

That being said, Serial support in ChucK would so, so, so badass...
imagine a million hardware hackers making insanely cool interfaces to
their digital instruments.  Look out, NIME!

_mc

http://michaelclemow.com
http://semiotech.org