[chuck-users] Array out of bounds.... error usability

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu May 7 20:33:09 EDT 2009

Fellow ChucKists,

I have a ArrayOutOfBounds error and I'm quite sure that's one of my
mistakes, not a ChucK one. This will require a bit of searching as I have
rather a lot of arrays here and rather a lot of different things are done
with them.

Let's have a look at this;

ArrayOutOfBounds: in shred[id=2:tr8or.ck], PC=[3565], index=[4]

Ok, so it's a array that gets defined in my main shred and it's one that's 4
or less elements in size. That narrows it down considerably but we're not
there yet. Now, I have the feeling that ChucK is trying to tell me something
with the "PC=[3565]" but that bit is quite useless to me as I have no idea
what it means.

Questions; What does the PC bit mean? How is it useful? Can we consider ways
of making it more useful?