[chuck-users] Diatonic tuning system

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Wed May 13 15:24:12 EDT 2009

On 13 May 2009, at 20:01, Tom Lieber wrote:

>> This code now allows defining diatonic tuning systems, which once
>> defined,
>> selects the intervals. It is very easy to add a new tuning system:
>> just one
>> line. Plus adding its name were you want to have it on the keyboard.
>
> I've been noodling on this and I like it. Thanks.

Great! I will do more, but I've been noodling too :-). I use two
keyboards, for treble and bass, right now by just making a copy of the
file and changing the device number.

A class TuningSystem object chooses intervals which can be used in
other ways than being controlled from the typing keyboard. I have
added a class Tuning (admitting a primitive form of stretch tuning)
which should simplify such uses. But the core is in what I posted.

   Hans