[chuck-users] sillyness witth file names

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri May 15 11:05:23 EDT 2009

Dear list,

I just discovered this is a valid filename under Linux (you can still play
the file by double-clicking, even);

foo";Machine.crash();"bar.wav

This means that this;

my_buffer.read("my_file"); //gives a syntax error with the above filename

is more safe to use than this;

"my_file" => my_buffer.read; //this parses, then crashes with the above
filename.

This isn't much good for anything, aside from pointing out that there can be
valid files that can't be played back by ChucK, but it's a exciting, new and
especially perverse way to crash so I find that noteworthy on it's own.

Happy crashes and a good weekend,