[chuck-users] chuck under gdb?

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Sun May 24 00:36:54 EDT 2009

fellow chuckers:

i'm trying to track down a persistent crasher in chuck using gdb.  so
far i can see that it's dying with a KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS in
Chuck_VM::run(), two levels below a call to RtApiCore::callbackEvent().

but what I don't remember is how to instruct gdb to associate the
source files with the executable, so I can look at the actual code
where it's dying.  can anyone offer a refresher / tutorial on that?
(and do I need to recompile the sources with -g?)

- rob