[chuck-users] fried audio

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Tue Nov 10 08:46:26 EST 2009

[Note: you did not cc the list.]

It fries my audio, too, only hearing the program but nothing else, but
only as long as it runs, the other audio coming back when it is taken
down.

I think it may not be necessary to use lanchctl to when restarting
coreaudiod, because it just restarts the latter if it stops.
Restarting coreaudiod, going to sleep and back again, login out and
in, restarting, and fiddling around with the headphone jack did not
really help when the problem was present on my computer. One could
sometimes get it back a few seconds, a minut or sometimes some tens of
minutes, but not permanently.

But after doing the procedure I described, I haven't had any problems.
So you might check if you followed it exactly, or check if you have
some other components installed that may break the sound.

(I actually installed Perian again, rebooted, then marked it
uninstalled in System Preferences, rebooted, then took it away from /
Library/PreferencePanes/, rebooted before applying the Combo 10.5.8.)

   Hans