[chuck-users] eChucK Update

Les Hall inventor-66 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 24 15:09:01 EST 2009

From: Hans Aberg <haberg at math.su.se>
Date: November 24, 2009 4:43:34 AM EST
Subject: Re: [chuck-users] eChucK Update

On 16 Nov 2009, at 11:44, Les Hall wrote:

Hi, you may recall that I wrote some time ago about this eChucK project
that I dreamed up.
The second board is extremely simple.  It is a little postage-stamp
sized breakout board designed to hold one chip plus discreet parts and
solid wire interconnect.  We can make sound sculptures by connecting
these populated boards with the wire and arranging them in 3D.  I had
100 boards made for $225 and sold 42 of them so far for $2.50 each, a
modest 10% markup due to it  being a prototype and all that.  I have
ordered parts to build two types of sculptures:  Chiphenge and Tie
Fighter.

Do you have any pictures online? And what exactly does this? Is it
amplifiers, or can one control them independently on different channels
from 'chuck'?

   Hans

Hans, most one-chip circuits can fit on a board, though we usually
prefer 4000 series CMOS for Lunettas.  Lunettas are typically
free-running, though a ChucK interface is certainly a good idea.  To
read about this project (and see the pics) look here:

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37233

Enjoy,

Les