[chuck-users] Static bug

Stefan Blixt stefan.blixt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:02:34 EST 2009

...or at least as consistent as possible, taking into account the
differences that do exist between class handling in Java and ChucK. In Java
it's stated that static members are instantiated when classes are loaded, as
part of the dynamic loading of classes - each is stored in its own file.
ChucK doesn't load classes in this way, but since Java classes are usually
loaded when they are first referenced, the effect is pretty much the same in
the two languages.

I'm guessing you want to do some kind of namespace encapsulation? It would
be a cool thing to be able to create your own equivalents of Std and Math
(maybe I'm ignorant and you already can...)

/Stefan

--
Release me, insect, or I will destroy the Cosmos!