[chuck-users] chuck neophyte trying to remove clicks via Envelope patch

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 08:43:54 EST 2009

Ryan,

When we just want to change a volume (not necessarily start a "new note" as
such) it may be better to instead use Envelope.target( float value ). This
will ramp to the new value over the set .duration() without any need for
further attention and -barring very short set durations- won't cause clicks.

The "rate" your question refers to is set by Envelope.duration( dur ).
Something like 50::ms would be my starting point in looking for a good
value. You may well be able to get away with a shorter duration.

Hope that helps,