[chuck-users] chuck neophyte trying to remove clicks via Envelope patch

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:51:33 EST 2009

Andrew,

Nice, with .sync. Just a quick question, though, out of curiosity.
> Does it .sync at sample rate, then? I can't believe I never took
> advantage of that before.

I'll assume that was one for me, and not about the quoted text from Perry?

Yes, .sync refers to the sample-rate input the osc receives. The UGen can
react to this in one of a few quite different ways. In the case of the fm
modulation it adds the input to it's set .freq() and uses the result as it's
frequency. This is good for modulation but with a .freq() of 0Hz the
oscillator will use the input value as it's frequency. The only thing you
then need is to write the desired frequency to the Envelope's target and you
have a audio-rate glide.