[chuck-users] Passing classes to functions

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Fri Oct 2 15:42:36 EDT 2009

On 2 Oct 2009, at 20:43, Kassen wrote:

> Since chuck does not have a ref count,
>
> As far as I know it actually does, ...

That is right, the base class Chuck_VM_Object has it, which suggest
common reference types have it.

> ...it's just not fully implemented yet...

OK. So then all that discussion on how avoiding leaks were
unnecessary. Do you what isn't reference counted?

> ...and under some conditions the reference count can be off, leading
> to the collection of objects that aren't yet garbage.

That would bomb, so hopefully chuck does not have it.

Reference counts can't collect circular object. But then you need a
way to create them, as in linked lists. And if a circular object has
destructors, it is anyway unclear in which order they should be called.

   Hans