[chuck-users] forward reference oddity

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 20:58:42 EDT 2009

Rob;

Actually, an ouro contains a *reference* to a boros and vice versa. There
> nothing bestial about that -- in fact it's a useful and often appropriate
> construct.

Ok, so what you are doing here is creating a reference that can later be set
to reference a actual object instance external to the class? Ok, that's
quite different.

You're just trying to goad me into writing that wiki entry on ChucK
> references, aren't you?  :)

Hmmmm, actually now that I looked the manual does cover references (chapter
13). I think I skimmed over that section before as it made zero sense to me
back then :-).

My oops on both counts.