[chuck-users] serfault under arch (again) + profiling

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 04:42:26 EDT 2009

Atte Andre Jensen wrote:

> 1) Could anyone help me (and arch users) with getting chuck to run under
> arch?

Here's a dead-simple chuck-file, that I'm using as a test:

0 => int i;

I added 1.000.000 printf statements and it seems that chuck crashes in
this line in function Chuck_Instr_Assign_Primitive::execute in file
chuck_instr.cpp:

     *((t_CKUINT *)(*(reg_sp+1))) = *reg_sp;

There are other places chuck likes to crash with other input. Some other
files crash similar places. Many crashes seem to vanish (or appear
later) as I put printf statements in the chuck source. I'm don't know
much about anything, but it all seems to me like a memory thing,
accessing un-allocated memory or something like that or pointers
pointing to some memory they're not supposed to...

Could anyone please, have a say? I'd like to investigate further, but I
need a few pointers (no pun intended) at this stage.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte