[chuck-users] ASIO cross-compile (paging dr. Sinclair!)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 12:34:03 EDT 2009

Fellow ChucKists/ Dear Stephen.

Some time last year there was some talk about using GCC on Linux to build
ChucK for Win32. This would be useful for things like a ASIO build, testing
minor tweaks, etc.

This is a big deal to me; I need ASIO for live performance as the default
drivers are SLOOOOOW and stereo only, I don't like to have to beg for new
ASIO builds and finally; there is a real interest in this. The ASIO versions
kept on the Electro-Music forum were downloaded between about a hundred and
over three hundred times each, those numbers seem quite signifficant to me.

So; time to get my hands dirty. The sensible solution would be to get MS's
free compiler but my Win XP install is so severely stripped that I don't
dare install any big MS packages. Right now it's very stable and I'd like to
keep it that way.

So, at Stephen Sinclair's recomendation I got the MinGW packages.... and now
I seem to be stuck. MinGW *seems* to be capable of building Win32 programs
but it's not so clear to me how one would go about that. How would I move
from here?