[chuck-users] Wrapping ChucK

Andrew C. Smith acsmith at willamette.edu
Fri Oct 16 00:07:38 EDT 2009

Has anyone tried to wrap ChucK into a standalone program? I'm thinking
(at the very least) it could just be made to run simultaneously and
communication could be made over OSC, but it would be cool to have the
whole thing communicate through 8888, the port that the console
communicates on. Basically, the mini is an effective wrapper, right?
I'm just wondering if anyone has created anything simpler, like even
just a program that outputs ChucK sounds when you click buttons or
something. It would be really cool for games (or toys, not really
games) that let users play around with sounds using an integrated
graphical interface. Anyone try it?

Andrew