[chuck-users] Wrapping ChucK

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Fri Oct 16 14:00:42 EDT 2009

On 16 Oct 2009, at 17:28, Andrew C. Smith wrote:

> ...--would rather just work with Cocoa windows to allow for
> nearly-infinite extensibility. I already got a Cocoa interface working
> with OSC, using the Objective C library VVOSC (highly recommended for
> anyone doing Cocoa programming with OSC). Like Brad, though, I'm
> looking to get more control over the DSP environment with a direct
> wrapper.

As an example on bindings, emacs-23.1 can produce a Mac OS X Nextstep/
Cocoa Application by
   ./configure --with-ns
   make
   make install
which produces an app in the directory nextstep/; the file nextstep/
INSTALL also tells how to compile it from Xcode. It can also bind to
X11 and GTK.

It seems that the technique would allow for blending of components
(though perhaps not the program).

   Hans