[chuck-users] chout and cherr confuse me [BUG?]

Tom Lieber tom at alltom.com
Tue Oct 20 18:34:34 EDT 2009

2009/10/20 Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com>:
>> I'm not saying there's nothing special going on with chout and cherr,
>> but that the behavior you're describing is to be expected in general.
>
> So you are saying it's reasonable for a print command to be stuck in a cue
> until the file is ran again, potentially a hour or so later?  That doesn't
> seem very reasonable to me. Messages that use different channels might
> arrive out of order, I can accept that, but this is quite different (and the
> order I get them in seems constant, just wrong). I would like the messages I
> am printing to arrive at the screen while the file is running, not next time
> the program is run, in-between other messages, and I have a hard time seeing
> why I shouldn't expect that.

I don't think it will ever take that long to print something. chout
may wait for its buffer to be a certain size before it prints, but I
don't think it will be too big a problem. flush() for stdout may be
useful for those times when you need to know something has printed.

--
Tom Lieber
http://AllTom.com/