[chuck-users] chout and cherr confuse me [BUG?]

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Wed Oct 21 10:52:19 EDT 2009

I found this section from the C standard (n1124.pdf), 7.19.3 Files,
about buffering:

7 At program startup, three text streams are predefined and need not
be opened explicitly
—standard input (for reading conventional input), standard output (for
writing
conventional output), and standard error (for writing diagnostic
output). As initially
opened, the standard error stream is not fully buffered; the standard
input and standard
output streams are fully buffered if and only if the stream can be
determined not to refer
to an interactive device.

So it seems they should not be buffered, unless changed (like to a
file). (The C++ streams just refer to these C streams.)

   Hans