[chuck-users] hanging server client & mA?

Andrew C. Smith acsmith at willamette.edu
Sat Oct 31 12:06:49 EDT 2009

David,

Looks like all there is in between is the port stuff, but I'd suggest
doing some caveman debugging on your machines and see if you can
recreate it. (Defining "caveman debugging") Just throw in <<< "Made it
to 1" >>>; <<< "Made it to 2" >>>; etc., statements after every line
and see what the problem line is.

The only two things would be if listen() is screwing up or if your
event clock never arrives. One possibility could be that your server
isn't transmitting to the new computers. I'm only suggesting this
because it seems like you've been looking in the player computers, not
the server-multi computer. So, you'd just have to add an extra line to
the xmit[i].setHost ("....", port); part of the server-multi.ck. Just
taking a stab, though--try out the OSC test app here:
http://code.google.com/p/vvopensource/downloads/list and see if
anything's coming through.  Good luck.

Andrew