[chuck-users] Are array types really classes ?

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 12:22:16 EDT 2009

Andrew C. Smith wrote:

> I'm not really sure where to start making a dent in your LiCK classes.
>  What do the classes do exactly, and do you have any examples of LiCK
> in use?  I'm seeing lots of classes like Atan that just take
> Math.atan(x), and I'm wondering how that helps.  Also, I'm assuming it
> takes 1.2.2 since it uses array operators like << and .size and all
> (that's the connection to our current thread).

The wiki helps a tiny bit

http://wiki.github.com/heuermh/lick

The unit tests show what the major classes do, e.g.

http://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/b30c8ab28abe6e1580e43819fe586af247cfd298/ArrayListTest.ck

All the Atan, etc. functions are a workaround for ChucK's lack of
function pointers.  For a float list

FloatArrayList list;
list.add(Math.PI);  or Math.PI => list.add;
Atan atan;
list.transform(atan);
<<<list.get(0)>>>;

1.262627 :(float)

LiCK works for me on the current 1.2.1.2 version of ChucK.

   michael