[chuck-users] chuck/[mini]audicle vs. gcc 4.4.x

Fri Sep 4 20:38:44 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 12:48 +0200, Atte Andre Jensen wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > This tiny patch makes chuck compilable under gcc4.4 (Fedora 11):
>
> Great, thanks.
>
> However after a successful build chuck segfaults on any files I throw at
> it. --loop works fine, but still segfaults when I add files.
>
> This is on arch-linux (everything was fine under my old ubuntu 8.04, but
> I'm trying to move away from that for various reasons).
>
> Anything I can do to narrow this down?

I got a message off list regarding this, R. Steven Rainwater discovered
that with gcc4.4 (ie: fc11) the optimization flags make a difference.
-O3 is too much, either use -O2 or -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing (I chose the
later for Planet CCRMA packages). It appears to work.

-- Fernando