[chuck-users] chuck shell...

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 13:24:34 EDT 2009

Hey, Kurt.

I think the shell has been close to abandoned, which is a shame as
there were some really good ideas planned for it. Right now the shell
offers little over a plain commandline; you can enter code but if you
make a single typo (and who doesn't?) you need to start all over again
as there is no buffer for commands. There were plans for a way to
navigate the scope of running code from the shell (to update it) but
those never materialised. I'm still a bit sad about that as those
plans were amongst the most exciting plans for ChucK ever, IMHO.

I think the Mini mostly replaced it; it does all that the shell does
and more though of course it does need to be used with a Gui; that
might be a downside to some.

Personally I tried to use the shell for a while but I found it a bit
clumsy so I'm curious why and how you use it.