[chuck-users] chuck shell...

Andrew C. Smith acsmith at willamette.edu
Thu Sep 10 12:27:43 EDT 2009

>> Clearly, the shell is more customizable
>
> Wait, it is? What can be customised and how?

I just meant that it could be used with a variety of editors, where
the mini provides its own editor. I used to edit in TextEdit (before
mini CVS) and just drag-drop the files from Finder into the command
line to get the complete path. I guess this is sort of like the
database.

I've used SC's jitlib, but I didn't think it had any sort of browser.
You still have to search for and open the files, then highlight the
selected parts and hit enter. I was thinking like Logic's sample
browser or media panel or something. See, this isn't really all that
applicable for livecoding, but for actually constructing a versatile
semi-improvised performance it would speed things up.

Random Fiddlings looks (maybe?) cool, although working from the ground
on a sort of parallel mini project rather than just adding an extra
window dialog to the mini. It's wouldn't be a matter of integrating
with ChucK itself, just a modification to the frontend of the mini.
Autocomplete is too confusing for me--just gets me off-track. I prefer
to keep my syntax/capitalization errors, thank you.

The master clock sounds cool--I'm going to have to get into static
public classes due to the last few discussions.

Andrew