[chuck-users] chuck shell...

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 03:22:35 EDT 2009

2009/9/11 Scott Hewitt <wittlist at googlemail.com>:
> In terms of the mini interface I actually think it is very clean and
> easy to use which makes learning to use it and ChucK much easier in my
> opinion.

Well for myself, I just don't grok the mini at all. It seems to me
that there really needs to be some kind of incremental (read
shell-like command line) interface somewhere, so that I can change
parameters on the fly. I'm sure that I just don't understand how y'all
do it.

But what I really want is a module where I can map my A4-size graphics
tablet to different sound controls. I think it would be really cool to
print out a sheet of paper describing my parametric layout and be able
to use that for dynamic expression in high-level ChucKing. And no,
just using the mouse HID isn't quite enough - I want the tablet to be
like an instrument independent from what is happening on my monitor
(hence the printout overlaid on the tablet).

Any takers?

david rush
--
GPG Public key at http://cyber-rush.org/drr/gpg-public-key.txt