[chuck-users] ChucK compilation error (still, again?) -- similar to the Ubuntu GCC 4.3 problem

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 14:17:31 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Andrew C. Smith
<acsmith at willamette.edu> wrote:
<SNIP>

> Aside: Isn't Ubuntu 64-bit as well? I know very little about Linux,
> aside from that we share a command line.
>
> Thanks, Roger.
>
> Andrew
<SNIP>

Not specifically. Linux becomes 64-bit when compiled for 64-bit, run
on a 64-bit machine, and the machine has all the 64-bit versions of
libraries and everything else installed. Even then you can run 32-bit
applications if you have the 32-bit emulation libraries installed.
That's how I run ChucK on my Gentoo 64-bit machine as ChucK won't
compile correctly on 64-bit. (Or wouldn't the last time I tried.
Anyone working on that?)

All the distributions I know of support 64-bit versions.

HTH,
Mark