[chuck-users] object / class hacking

Andrew C. Smith acsmith at willamette.edu
Wed Sep 30 10:16:19 EDT 2009

But with this, you can't easily return the contents (which in this
case is the list of names, not the "contents" in the normal sense) of
the associative arrays. If you can iterate, deleting is pretty easy.
The problem there is just that everything has to be re-sorted. Without
easy pointers, it's much more difficult to insert something into a
sorted list, but luckily an array is basically just a series of
pointers (right?).

If you had a sortable list (like note numbers of a chord or something)
then you could drop the search function into the middle and get to
your destination quite a bit faster. If you wanted to hack the array
class to create .insert() and .remove() methods (where .remove() keeps
the order without any null pointers) then please, do share. It could
probably be done in ChucK sans-hacking, but where's the fun in that?

What is the difference exactly between .cap() and .size() ?

Andrew