[chuck-users] class abuse

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:43:31 EDT 2009

On 30 Sep 2009, at 17:33, Kassen wrote:
> it would probably be preferable if the
> default would be the least general case (so taking Sitar before
> STKInstrument, before UGen, before Object).

I'll change your "probably be" to "": it WOULD be preferable to call
the most specific version of an overloaded function.  ChucK's class
system has single, straight-line inheritance, so the "most specific"
is always well defined.  The current scheme -- using the (lexically)
first function definition -- seems fraught with astonishment.

Thanks for digging into this.

- Rob