[chuck-users] wiimote hacks?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 12:56:00 EDT 2010

2010/4/6 dan trueman <dtrueman at princeton.edu>

> there was some beta integration of the Wii stuff into chuck that Spencer
> had going, but we've been just using OSC. there are some freeware OSC Wii
> programs, i believe, and we've just made Max standalones that OSC the Wii
> stuff to Chuck..

There is also a Linux tool for doing this here
http://www.nescivi.nl/wiiosc/ (free
as in freedom) and there is Steim's Junxion ( paid but elaborate ) for OSX
http://www.steim.org/steim/junxion_v4.html

Not sure about the Windows situation, but there is bound to be something.

Personally I suggest instead getting one of the (playstation 2) games in the
"RealPlay" series. The games are shovelware but they are cheap and come with
wire-less controllers and HID-compliant usb-dongles. These are more accurate
than the wiimote, cheaper, and fully Hid compliant so you are good to go
immediately on any OS. This also eliminates the issues with Nintendo feeling
the Bluetooth standard is a invitation to get creative instead of something
to follow.

Good luck,