[chuck-users] wiimote hacks? GameTrak by Mad Catz is pretty cool...

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:25:49 EDT 2010

While not wireless, the GameTrak hard to beat as a ChucK controller:

	http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31EYO0CTiRL._SL500_.jpg

Think of it as a 6-axis joystick -- dual 3 axis -- where the z axis is
derived from pulling a monofilament line that retracts into the base
sitting on the floor.

As a controller, it's fast and responsive.  It's cheap: you can find
one for under $9.99 on Amazon and other places.  And visually, it's
arguably more impressive than a wireless controller.  But wait --
there's more!  l've written ChucK libraries that filter out single-bit
noise, etc, and would be happy to send them along.

I needed to solder a jumper wire to put it into USB mode, but I've had
zero problems with it since.  I use it for all my live ChucK
performances, and I'm thinking of buying another one (or two!) as a
backup.

Ping me for details.

- rdp