[chuck-users] Question re: installing ChucK on Mac

Hans Aberg haberg-1 at telia.com
Wed Aug 11 06:59:22 EDT 2010

On 11 Aug 2010, at 06:08, Tom Lieber wrote:

>> It's not that hard to make a .pkg Installer file. Maybe this is the
>> "right thing" to do for folks who would like to have ChucK installed
>> but nnot have to type commands into the Terminal to do it, but who'd
>> like to be able to use the Terminal to just run ChucK.
>>
>> I'll take a look at this this evening; shouldn't be all that
>> difficult.
>
> You're right, it wasn't! I used the PackageMaker GUI. I did get stuck
> trying to make a symlink in /usr/local/bin/ to the chuck binary,
> though, so it's not that useful..

The normal would be the opposite: the miniAudicle has a pre-made
symlink to /usr/local/bin/chuck. Then, when the latter is updates,
miniAudicle will use it.

If for some reason, one does not want miniAUdicle to change, just let
it have a binary as is the case now. One will then run different
binaries in it and from the console.