[chuck-users] miniAudicle bug: initial C comments

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Aug 25 18:49:58 EDT 2010

Hmm, maybe its related to the non-ASCII-looking characters in your opening block-comment.  When I remove all of the characters of that sort from line 28, it seems to work fine in miniAudicle.  For some reason it is not apparently necessary to remove any other non-ASCII characters to get it working, like the ones on line 13.

Anyways, this seems like an all-too-common "assume everything is 7-bit ASCII" error at some point between where the text is shown in mini and where it is fed into ChucK.  Notably it works fine in command line chuck, which I don't think was explicitly mentioned.

Also, assuming you are comfortable making your code public, I'm sure the list (and people who come across this thread in the potentially distant future) wouldn't mind seeing your code too, so that the issue is as openly documented as possible.  At least keep this in mind for future reference!

Additionally, please let me know if I can submit your code to miniAudicle's public issue tracker.

Thanks,
spencer