[chuck-users] Circular references in class definitions

Jordan Orelli jordanorelli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 09:07:01 EST 2010

Yup, using events worked out.  Thanks for that.  In general, I guess the best strategy is to define an event, then define the child object class (e.g. the object type that is to be encapsulated), then defined the parent object class (e.g. the object type that does the encapsulation).  Using the event system got me tripped up a little bit because I was signaling events multiple times without yielding, so I saw spotty results at first.  It helped a lot to trace out each step of the communication with console messages that just say "send" "signal" and "receive", each one written out by the appropriate object, with a reference to its class name.

-Jordan