[chuck-users] GenX subclasses not assigning properly (using @=>)

Andrew C. Smith andrewchristophersmith at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 22:05:35 EST 2010

I've got this public class that goes like this:

	Phasor p => GenX g => env;

with the assumption that I can just do a Gen9 gen @=> myObject.g; and have it all work out. However, this doesn't seem to be working. I do this:

	Gen9 gen;
	[1.0, 0.6, 0.3, 1.75, 0.1, 0.1] => gen.coefs;
	gen @=> s[i].g;

and it gives me no sound, but if I change the GenX in the public class to Gen9 then it works. I've seen this work before with other things, so what am I doing wrong here? I'm not getting any compiler errors or warnings, either. I'm wondering if maybe it's calling some kind of earlier method, and not a more specific one. I've tried doing .lookup(int) on the Gen9 and it totally works, and when I do <<< s[i].g.toString() >>> it gives me "Gen9:1777af20" : (string). Sound just doesn't work though. Anyway, any help is appreciated here--I'm totally stuck on this one.

Andrew