[chuck-users] score files?

mike clemow michaelclemow at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:20:27 EST 2010

Hey Tom,

I think that with the current FileIO operations, idiosyncratic score files
are easy to develop.  You know, in the same old Chuckish DIY sort of way, of
course, you'll have to write your own parser/interpreter for them.  But if
you keep your file simple, you should be able to do it anyway you want; and
you can specify any information you want.  What's cool about that is that
you can write it in the way that makes the most sense to you.

Here's what I would do...

My parser would read the file in and create a Score object (some class that
keeps all the events of the song in some array somewhere) and then would
read those events off as Events (or some subclass) that my shreds would
respond to and make sounds.

Well, that's one idea anyway.  You could always use CSound...

Good luck!

-Mike

http://michaelclemow.com
http://semiotech.org