[chuck-users] 10.6 multiple chucks

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 00:47:25 EST 2010

2010/1/7 Brad Garton <garton at columbia.edu>

> The ports are probably for control info like OSC or audicle or something, I
> imagine.

I think the main usage is for the otf commands, which do need to run between
instances of your shell (most likely Bash), and use ports at localhost for
that

> Tried the --port7777, no go on OSX.

I picked that at random. You could try a few others or check your firewall
settings.

> They both have different pids (and I even tried renaming the executable
> just for the heck of it in one try).

I don't think two things can have the same pid at all, actually, but the
renaming was a good thing to test.

> Something's going on in CoreAudio...

May well be, yes, but I suspect it's significant that  I got the same error
with the same symptoms on Linux. Quite weird.

Are people using this to make the most of multi-core CPU's?