[chuck-users] 10.6 multiple chucks

mike clemow michaelclemow at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 14:06:11 EST 2010

I just did a project where I ran two instances of Chuck each listening to
different sound cards, since Chuck (or RTaudio) has problems with aggregate
devices for some reason.  I just used the --port flag to separate one of
them, and didn't get the complaint.  The complaint, of course, won't ever
bother you unless you're doing

chuck + myfile.ck

in another window.  to choose a specific chuck instance to send code to,
you'll need to specify the port as well:

chuck --port8686 + myfile.ck

like that.  then, you're sending myfile.ck to the Chuck instance listening
on port 8686 and not the one listening to the default port (8888).

I was doing this on Snow Leopard...  that's 10.6, right?

is it the case that you're not even able to get the other instance to run?

-Mike

http://michaelclemow.com
http://semiotech.org