[chuck-users] wishlist for the new year

mike clemow michaelclemow at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 16:38:48 EST 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Hans Aberg <haberg at math.su.se> wrote:

> You are sort of reinventing the wheel, or at least (Standard) ML, here. See
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_ML
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ML_(programming_language)<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ML_%28programming_language%29>

 We're not reinventing the wheel so much as exploring how certain features
might be added to the Chuck language--features that appear in many other
languages (JavaScript, Haskell, Python, and ML too).  I mean, LISP did this
stuff before any of the others...

I think it's great to look at the way other languages do things as examples,
but we're not about to re-make the Chuck system using Haskell syntax or
LISP, or ML.  It's highly likely that Chuck will get new features, but the
ones it gets will be the ones that seem most important to the devs and the
community, I suppose.

Mike