[chuck-users] FLOSS (user editable) manual for ChucK

Tomasz Kaye's brain tomasz.brain at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 11:51:54 EST 2010

@Kassen

What I'm envisaging is a sort of big red button marked "I have a issue with
> this manual" that would result in a sort of small questionnaire that could
> be filled in anonymously. Basically I want the tress-hold for filing issues
> to be as low as it could possibly go. We have to remember that our target
> audience here is quite likely not -yet- deeply into our little scene. They
> may not have a list subscription, for all we know they didn't even yet
> manage to install ChucK. I could even imagine going as far as having a
> hotlink in the final pdf that would link to this feature. Right now we have
> no way of getting info from people who try ChucK for a afternoon, then quit,
> while that would be spectacularly valuable information.

Completely agree. I'd suggest taking it up with with adam hyde from FLOSS
manuals ( adam at flossmanuals.net  ). I think other open source projects with
manuals there would benefit from a feature like this too. Maybe he even
already has something in the works.