[chuck-users] eChucK Update

Les Hall inventor-66 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 10 14:52:18 EDT 2010

Hi all,

To clarify about the eChucK project, I am not running ChucK on the boards that I have created.  What I do is run miniAudicle on my Mac mini and code up test programs that consist of ChucK code that is specifically written to mimic actual hardware analog and digital circuits.  Then I play around with the ChucK model until I am happy with it, then convert the ChucK program into electronic circuit form.  Hence eChucK for electronic ChucK.  I cleared the name with Ge a long time ago, he seemed to think it was a cool idea.

This first circuit board is a modular synthesizer board that implements a Karplus Strong algorithm using analog circuitry.  KS has been implemented in many forms including ChucK, but as far as I know this is the first modular synthesizer board that does it.  The next planned board will use a simplified version of the KS circuit and a Boolean Sequencer to create a little song generator with headphones out and five dials to alter the music.  That one will be a stand-alone product that anyone can buy or build without having a modular synthesizer or anything.

Well, that's the update, hope I cleared things up .

Les