[chuck-users] Multiple Output

Stefan Blixt stefan.blixt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 11:26:36 EDT 2010

Yes. For my MOTU soundcard it took a bit of tinkering to get it right.
Here's an example of a command line:

chuck  --adc4 --in4 --out8

This means that I'm using device number 4 (adc), with 4 inputs and 8
outputs.

After that you can write like this in you ChucK app:

SinOsc s => dac.chan(3); // send sine wave to the fourth mono output

Note that you'll have to take care of stereo if you want it:

adc.chan(0) => LPF filterLeft => dac.chan(0);
adc.chan(1) => LPF filterRight => dac.chan(1);

The tinkering bit with MOTU is that all combinations of numbers of inputs
and outputs don't work. For instance --in3 --out8 will have the whole thing
go bananas, with weird sound being outputted. If you don't use a MOTU card
there's a good chance you won't have this problem.

/Stefan

2010/7/19 Patrick Guido <patrick.arminio at gmail.com>

> Hi, I've a sound card with 8 outputs (4 left and 4 right) and I want to
> send different audio signals to each output.
>
> Is this possible with chuck?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Patrick Guido Arminio

Release me, insect, or I will destroy the Cosmos!