[chuck-users] Timing Issue

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 08:09:03 EDT 2010

2010/6/29 Stefan Blixt <stefan.blixt at gmail.com>

> I don't understand the question completely, but if you want a shred to have
> a delay before it starts doing anything, just put a wait at the start of the
> function:

Indeed.

It might also help to define the UGen chain, load samples, etc at the top of
the file and only connect the whole thing to the dac once it's needed. That
would save CPU compared to what Timothy does now and it would prevent memory
allocation and HD access in the middle of the piece, where they might cause
glitches.

Of course this only helps in the case of UGens, not in the general case like
your answer, but I got the impression that the question was mainly about
UGen behaviour.