[chuck-users] creating midi ports without connecting

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 10:17:41 EST 2010

Kassen wrote:

> Just omit the ".open()".

That doesn't create any ports...

> I don't know why you'd want to do that though as those objects just
> abstract a port.
>
> What are you after here?

I'm running under linux, normally with jack. Most other programs with
midi connectivity create non-connected midi ports on startup, then you
connect them to whatever you need afterwords.

As to why I wanna do that: First I'd like to make the connections
through jack and second I'd like to start my chuck script *before* the
applications it should be connected to are started. Since it's just alsa
seq ports, they should be possible to create.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk