[chuck-users] Complete and utter Newbie

Ryan Wieghard ryan.wieghard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:52:09 EDT 2010

The bin/directory is simply the folder on your computer named
chuck-x.x.x.x.x-exe and it is located wherever it is on your filesystem
(likely to be in Downloads if you are a Mac user).

The words bin/directory and folder are usually synonymous.

Hope that helps.

Ryan.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 9:46 AM, James Mcwilliam <james at mcwilliam.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just came across ChucK after dabbling with SC, Common Music and Max/MSP.
>  I basically know nothing about programming but ChucK looks very interesting
> and I'd like to know more.  I've download the executable file (Mac OS
> 10.6.2) and I've dropped the folder "chuck-1.2.1.3-exe' into applications.
>  I've followed the instructions and opened the terminal and now I'm
> stuck.....
>
> The instructions say go to bin/directory (replace chuck-x.x.x.x.-exe with
> the directory name).  What and where is bin/directory?
>
> You'll have to forgive my complete stupidity, I'm an 'acoustic composer'
> trying to dabble with electronic based music and so far i cant even install
> ChucK.
>
> Messing around with my terminal seems scary, am I likely to blow my
> computer up??
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Many Thanks
> James

"Le savant n’étudie pas la nature parce que cela est utile ; il l’étudie
parce qu’il y prend plaisir et il y prend plaisir parce qu’elle est belle."
- Henri Poincaré